Immigrating to Canada
Immigrating to Canada– Immigrating to Canada permanently can be a new and exciting opportunity. There are several aspects of Canadian immigration that you need to consider before applying to move permanently to Canada. There are also several avenues you may choose to consider when deciding what the best way for you to immigrate to Canada is. At CIS we take the time to carefully assess your situation and do the due diligence to ensure that we evaluate the best alternative, based on your needs, so that your migration is smooth and problem free.
- Skilled Workers and Professionals (outside Quebec) – You may apply to immigrate to Canada under this category depending on your education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other criteria that will help you become economically established in Canada
- Eligibility – Selection for Permanent Residence as a Skilled Worker is based on your ability to become economically established in Canada
- The two basic criteria for your application to be eligible for processing are:
- You have a valid offer of arranged employment OR
- You are an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian Phd program within the past 12 months) and meet certain criteria
- Upon meeting the above minimum requirements, your application will be assessed against a six factor skilled worker points grid, which includes:
- English / French abilities (oral and written)
- Work experience
- Arranged employment in Canada
- Financial means to support yourself and family upon arrival into Canada
- Quebec- Selected Skilled Workers (need to update)
- Canadian Experience Class – Temporary foreign workers as well as graduates of a Canadian institution are often well suited to make a successful transition from being temporary to permanent residence. Applicants under this category are typically already familiar with Canadian society, can contribute to the Canadian economy, are knowledgeable of English / French, and have the necessary work experience.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.