Canada is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world and has one of the highest immigration rates among any other nations. Canada was built on the successful movement of migrants from all over the world who chose this country as their new home and place of residence. As a result, there was a huge influx of new immigrants that arrived in Canada and this helped shape and create Canada as we know it today. Family sponsorship in Canada played a vital role in the successful migration of people from around the world and helped create stable family environments for those who wanted to start a new life in Canada.
At Canadian Immigration Services, we can help you bring your family to Canada so that they may live, study and work in Canada and enjoy the many opportunities this country has to offer. Canada is committed to reuniting its residents with their families, let us help you bring your whole family here. Contact Us today or simply Apply Online for your free case assessment!
We Can Help!
Sponsorship Options in Canada
There are two main facets of family sponsorship under the family class in Canada:
- Sponsoring your spouse, conjugal/common law partner and/or your dependent children (including adopted children).
- Sponsoring other eligible relatives
Depending on which member of the family class you are sponsoring, the process will be different. Our office can ensure that you have all the necessary information you need so that you can decide how you want to go about the sponsorship program. Our experienced and knowledgeable consultants will assess your personal situation and develop a unique plan tailored to your needs so that your immigration goals can be met and you can be reunited with your family sooner. We will complete all the paperwork from beginning to end, while providing you with step-by-step updates to ensure that you are aware of exactly what is going on with your case and at what stage the process is in. Furthermore, our dedicated Toronto immigration consultants will provide you with a timeline of how long your family sponsorship case will take, based on the current processing times set out by the government of Canada.
To sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children:
- You must sign a sponsorship agreement with the person being sponsored which states that you will provide financial support for the sponsored relative if necessary. Also, the sponsored relative must agree to make every effort to support him/herself as well.
- If you are sponsoring your spouse, common law or conjugal partner, you must provide financial support for at least 3 years from the date they become a Permanent Resident.
- You must provide financial support for dependent children for at least 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.
To sponsor other eligible relatives:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You must be 18 years of age older
- You must not have received government financial assistance for any reason other than disability
Book a Free Consulation
Family sponsorship is an excellent way for you to bring your family to Canada so that you can enjoy your life together as a family as well as take advantage of all the opportunities that Canada has to offer. Please keep in mind that the above lists are a general guideline in determining your eligibility to sponsor your family members and only after a full assessment can our Toronto immigration consultants determine if you qualify. To obtain a free consultation and an assessment of your unique immigration needs please
click here to fill out our online application and get started today.
Thanks to the diligent work done by CIS, I got my Student Visa well before I started school. I was able to focus on my education and not have to worry about the entire immigration process. Now, I am on my way to getting the education that I always wanted, as well as building the path to my dream job.