spousal sponsorship in Toronto

Immigrating to Canada as a caregiver

The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is a great opportunity for personal support workers to find employment in Canada. Live-in caregivers are individuals who reside in the private home of the person they are caring for. To qualify under this category of immigration, the individual must be qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or disabled persons in their private home without supervision.

There are various requirements that must be met before you may be eligible to come to Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program. The requirements of what you will need are outlined below.


  • A positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from an employer in Canada
  • A written contract with your future employer, signed by both yourself and your employer
  • Proof of successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education
  • at least six months of training or at least one year of full time paid work experience as a caregiver or a in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years
  • Good knowledge of English or French
  • A valid work permit before entering Canada and starting employment

Please keep in mind that the above list is not a complete and comprehensive list of requirements and you may be subject to other criteria that you need to fulfill before your application is approved. You may contact our experienced immigration consultants in Toronto and they can provide you with the most relevant, up-to-date information regarding the Live-in Caregiver program. Among other requirements, you must not be inadmissible to Canada for any reason. The grounds for inadmissibility can include, but are not limited to, security, health, criminal, human rights violations and/or financial reasons.

If you currently do not have the necessary education or qualifications to qualify under the LCP, our company can also help you obtain a study permit for Canada which will enable you to graduate in the necessary program that you need so that you may qualify under the Live-in Caregiver Program and start working in Canada. Also, our office can help you obtain a placement in a home or care centre which will enable you to apply under this program and qualify as a caregiver.

Regardless of what your situation is, our experienced, qualified and knowledgeable staff will provide you with all the information that you need so that you can make an informed decision regarding your immigration needs. We will advise you on the best route to take so that you may immigrate to Canada sooner and start working upon arrival. Canadian Immigration Services has the infrastructure in place to facilitate your transition in to Canada smoothly so that you can start your new life with ease and peace of mind.

Free Online Evaluation

D. LEE | York University

“Thanks to the diligent work done by CIS, I got my Student Visa well before I started school. I was able to focus on my education and not have to worry about the entire immigration process. Now, I am on my way to getting the education that I always wanted, as well as building the path to my dream job.”